WINTER CARNIVAL IS COMING!
TODAY AT 4:00***** COLLIS 303
Winter Carnival is an exciting time for Dartmouth! We have the chance to play in the snow, andplan the polar bear plungehuman dogs sled races, and the ~*ice sculpture*~.

OUR THEME THIS YEAR IS:
"The Cat in the Hat Comes to Winter Carnival"

Dr. Seuss is an integral part of Dartmouth tradition, but so are our students. In light of recent events, we believe the committee should reconsider their theme. "The Cat in the Hat Comes to Winter Carnival" does not recognize the urgency of student safety, both on this campus and in our country, a pressing national concern.

Today, we ask that the college’s programming hear the voices of People of Color by changing the theme of Winter Carnival from "The Cat in the Hat Comes to Winter Carnival" to "Racial Justice" to better illustrate and reflect the current sentiments and events happening on campuses around the nation.

This is a unique and critical chance to center the discussion around People of Color on campus. Students at Dartmouth are thoughtful and engaged when given such a space. Why not, amongst the dog sledding and the Polar Bear Plunge, look at other traditions that make this campus great: of speaking up and speaking out, of change, and progress, and of coming together to celebrate the diversity and multitudes of voices among us?

We would like to establish a safe campus for People of Color through racial justice-centered programming during Winter Carnival weekend. When Dartmouth students of color do not feel safe on campus, it is time for the student body to come together and support our Dartmouth siblings.

We need to have this discussion, and to continue having this discussion. Please join us, in the open forum offered by the Winter Carnival Council meeting.

Come support, and discuss, and center these issues tomorrow,

Monday, @4PM in Collis 303.