Thursday, October 29th at 6:30PM

Wheeler 2nd Floor Common Room

Thought Project Dinner Discussion with Professor Denise Anthony on the future of healthcare and “Epic Measures”

Catered dinner from Tuk Tuk Thai will be served.

Denise Anthony is Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives, and Professor and past-Chair (2007-11) in the Department of Sociology at Dartmouth. Dr. Anthony’s work explores issues of cooperation, trust and privacy in a variety of settings. Her current work examines the use of information technology in health care, including effects on quality, on the organization of health care, as well as the implications for the privacy and security of protected health information.

Why do we have so little information about what actually kills people and makes them sick? What are people actually suffering from? How can we improve healthcare in the United States and around the world?

“EPIC MEASURES: One Doctor. Seven Billion Patients.”

Wednesday, October 28th at 4:30PM

Haldeman 41 (Kreindler Conference Hall)

Jeremy Smith discusses his book and its subject: the ‘Global Burden of Disease Study,’ an attempt to track and quantify every illness, injury, and death for everyone on Earth. The idea behind the study is simple: We can't cure what we don't understand. If we know what the biggest killers are, we can make sure our efforts to save lives are aimed at the right things.

“Epic Measures is a fantastic read.”

—Bill Gates

“Remarkably entertaining.… A giant compilation of ‘who knew?’”

—Tina Rosenberg, The New York Times

Attend the lecture if you are interested, and come discuss the future of healthcare with Professor Denise Anthony!

RSVP to [log in to unmask]

Sponsored by the Rockefeller Center and organized by the Thought Project.

The Thought Project is a Living Learning Community in Wheeler Hall for 35 residents. Each week, we host a Food for Thought dinner with a faculty member and a variety of social events.

Visit our website @ www.dartmouththoughtproject.com.