Dear Dartmouth Community,

This past Monday night, an anonymous group of people posted inflammatory flyers targeted at the Native American community in the wake of Indigenous Peoples' Day. These flyers, posted on college residences and buildings across campus, advertised "Vintage Dartmouth Indian Gear" for sale using the "Dartmouth Indian" mascot. This behavior promotes the misrepresentation and commodification of Native American people, and this incident has been very triggering for many members of the Dartmouth community. Such disrespectful cultural appropriation should not be tolerated on our campus.

If you see these inflammatory flyers, we ask that you please remove them in solidarity with the NAD community. You can also show your support by filing a bias incident report here<https://publicdocs.maxient.com/reportingform.php?DartmouthCollege&layout_id=3>. The Panhellenic Council supports the NAD community in the ongoing effort to combat prejudice here and everywhere.

If you need support of any kind, please contact the resources below.

In solidarity,
The Dartmouth Panhellenic Council

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~chd/appointments/