HI AGAIN 19s!!!

we hope that after this first week you have figured out that 10As=imminent death, that ordering stir fry from collis isn't the most challenging part of dartmouth, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW BADLY YOU WANT TO AUDITION FOR A CAPPELLA !!!!!!!!

we've met some of you at our open rehearsal, we met even more of you at the activities fair, and we CANT WAIT to see you all again (and some new faces as well) this weekend!!

read below to find out a bit more about who we are, but we know you're all busy, so i'll just leave the audition facts here:

WOMEN 9/19 (tomorrow) 10 AM

MEN 9/20 (sunday) 10 AM

BOTH DAYS ARE HELD IN DARTMOUTH HALL

just a reminder: all you need is a prepared verse and chorus of any song you choose (you'll be singing it a cappella-of course!)

please direct any questions, concerns, or conflicts to [log in to unmask]

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Love,

the DODECAPHONICS

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dodecs/

[Dodeclean.jpg]

We’re the Dartmouth Dodecaphonics.

WELCOME TO THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH! Each and every one of us is so pumped that you all are here, bringing with you an incredible variety of interests, talents, abilities and strengths.

The Dodecs are Dartmouth’s oldest and premier co-ed a cappella group, and we've been making music together for over 30 years. Our repertoire consists of many contemporary favorites, with arrangements by artists such as Gavin DeGraw, Natasha Bedingfield, John Mayer, Ingrid Michaelson, Jason Mraz, Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Jackson, and Alanis Morissette (just to name a few). We also love to sing '80s rock, Dartmouth traditionals, a little disco (why not?), as well as anything else a member of the group decides to arrange (we write all our own arrangements).

As a group, our primary goal is to make awesome music with awesome people. One thing that sets the Dodecs apart from other groups on campus is that we’re co-ed. Having both men and women allows us to not only sing a more diverse repertoire but allows everyone to sing comfortably within their own natural vocal range. And the best part?We are a family. You should see our rehearsals – we’re a self-contained party. Dodecs is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.

We not only perform at various venues on-and off-campus, but we also go on a two week tour each winter. We’ve traveled throughout the United States—including Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Texas, Washington DC, Boston and New York— as well as internationally.

If we haven’t sold you yet, here’s some more info about the Dodecs:

  *   Only Dartmouth a cappella group chosen to sing at the nationally-televised MSNBC Democratic primary debates

  *   First Dartmouth a cappella group featured on Best of College A Cappella (BOCA), having been featured every time we’ve submitted material

  *   1st place Dartmouth Idol '15; 1st place Dartmouth Idol ‘14; Finalist Dartmouth Idol ‘13; 3rd place Dartmouth Idol ‘12; 1st place Dartmouth Idol ‘11; 1st place Dartmouth Idol ‘10; 2nd place Dartmouth Idol ’09; 1st & 2nd place Dartmouth Idol ’08

  *   Frequently invite and visit a cappella groups from other colleges (including groups from Brown and University of Connecticut)

  *   Group members have been leads in every Dartmouth musical in the last 4 years, including Merrily We Roll Along (Mary), Hairspray (Amber, Link, Penny, and Miss Baltimore Crabs) and Spring Awakening (Moritz)

  *   Featured on “Voices Only” with our recording of Jason Mraz’ ‘Geek in the Pink’

  *   Take overnight cabin trips every year to bond as a group

[Dodec 2.jpg]

  *   Chosen to sing at an event honoring Jim and Susan Wright at Lincoln Center in NYC

  *   International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) semifinalists every time we've competed

  *   Performed as a featured group at Disneyworld in Orlando, Fl

  *   Chosen to travel with Dartmouth President Kim to San Francisco to perform for an event celebrating a successful $1.3 billion fundraising campaign

  *   One of our members sang onstage with Grammy-winning country duo Sugarland

  *   One of our alumni recently released his own jazz album

The Dodecs are looking for talented (and fun!) people who love to sing – no experience necessary. We’re looking for all voice parts, beatboxers and even rappers. Come audition for us (or just stop by and say hey)! Auditions are relaxed and low-key. You only need to prepare a verse and chorus of a song that suits your voice--you’ll sing it a capella of course.

Women’s Auditions: 10am, September 19th

Men’s Auditions:

10am, September 20th

Feel free to blitz [log in to unmask] with any questions, comments, concerns, or gifs.

Follow us on Facebook: @ The Dartmouth Dodecaphonics

Follow us on Instagram: @dartmouth_dodecs

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/8czicnzCXnRfhgSnc8tbCTLyGn6svYy3iWdgaM-7DP6v8j66Nj_C7FhEULGbfhs0XDA4ST50z1HVo3-0FzWqCFagLsLAt8YY7hnFGR3Y33cFgGa3HxkbmicRkGZamX1nDP92h8k]

Yours forever,