ASIAN AMERICAN CULTURAL RENAISSANCE WORKSHOP
with
RYAN TAKEMIYA

Friday, May 8th
5-7 PM
Carson L02

RSVP to [log in to unmask]">Sandy Kim [log in to unmask]">’[log in to unmask]">15 by May 7th highly encouraged!

Join us on Facebook:

"The Asian American Cultural Renaissance is a powerful and cohesive Pan Asian arts and cultural movement to revitalize, inspire, and empower the Asian American community. A rebirth is imperative because traditional Asian culture has been somewhat erased.. Not just language, but music, dance, art, and other forms of Asian cultural knowledge have been discarded in favor of role-playing within White American culture. We are no longer interested in our own cultural potential. Instead, assimilation into White American, middle-class, capitalist society has left us comfortable and complacent. But not without creating a significant identity crisis..."

**Co-Sponsored by the Music Department, English Department, and History Department**

SHATTER
Stereotypes

RECLAIM
Narratives