This Thursday April 16th, 2015 marks the one year passing of Sewol sinking, a tragic incident in which nearly 300 people have lost their lives and 9 people are still missing even after a year. In commemoration, Dartmouth Korean Students Association is going to have a table set up in front of staircase from Berry library to Novak as we stand together to show our support and grief for all the lost lives.

We will be handing out yellow ribbons which signify "Hope and Safe Return" to tie on the rails to show support for all the victims' families, friends, and pray that those missing will return to their families in near future.

We invite the Dartmouth Community to join us in commemoration for those who are still suffering in the aftermath of the tragedy.

[cid:6aaf9713-7fd5-42f6-8c00-f1b007c51f84]

More about the incident :

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/asia/sewol-ferry-korea-anniversary/

[http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/140424125259-south-korea-ferry-sewol-sinking-04-16-t3-entertainment.jpg]<http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/asia/sewol-ferry-korea-anniversary/>

Sewol ferry disaster: One year on families want answers - CNN.com
In the first few days after the Sewol disappeared beneath the Yellow Sea, divers pulled body after body from the watery wreckage, bringing the dead home.
Read more...<http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/asia/sewol-ferry-korea-anniversary/>

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-04-21/two-hours-turned-school-island-excursion-to-horror-at-sea

[http://media.gotraffic.net/images/i2.gnKtEMPMU/v63/-1x-1.jpg]<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-04-21/two-hours-turned-school-island-excursion-to-horror-at-sea>

Two Hours Turned School Island Excursion to Horror at Sea - Bloomberg Business
null
Read more...<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-04-21/two-hours-turned-school-island-excursion-to-horror-at-sea>