Dear Dartmouth,

Today is Day of Silence, a day where people all over the world take a vow of silence to raise awareness about the silencing effect of anti-LGBTQIA+ bullying, harassment, and discrimination. We know that it is a huge challenge to commit to an entire day of no speaking as a college student with classes and many extracurriculars so PRIDE Committee 2015 would like to present you with an alternative challenge.

We live in a time of unprecedented equality, but there are steps we can take to further move towards a universally accepting and inclusive social environment. LGBTQ students are more likely to face discrimination than their heterosexual peers, but you have an ideal opportunity to speak up and stop harassment when it starts.

Kognito's LGBTQ on Campus for Students will assist you in learning about the particular challenges faced by LGBTQ students. Through practiced conversations with virtual students, you will learn how to create a safe and supportive space for everyone and identify what support services are available on your campus.

If you are interested in contributing to the efforts ofthe Day of Silence, we encourage you to take some time out of your day and take the course.

If this interests you, please follow the instructions below:

·         Go to:kognitocampus.com/login

·         Create a New Account

·         Use enrollment key: dartmouth634

·         Follow the on-screen instructions

·         Choose your course and click “LAUNCH”

Thank You,

PRIDE Week 2015 Committee