Farm Weekly

Tuesday

1-2pm: Garden Planning @ Hornig Library on 1st floor Fairchild
Want to get in on the first steps of the Farm's growing season? Planning on having your own garden this year? Join us in Hornig as we go over the basics of choosing what to grow and when to grow it. This week, we'll be looking at seed catalogs (so many plants!) and discussing when to start germinating seeds. Over the next few weeks, we'll put together a plan for the main garden at the farm for the year. Those was no prior gardening experience are encouraged to attend!!

Wednesday

2-4pm
:
WFFP @ Fahey 1st Floor Kitchen
This week we're doing sauerkraut, kimchi, and moooore breads!

Thursday

4-5:30pm
: Shannon Francis Talks Permaculture @ Filene Auditorium
Come hear Shannon Francis, a pioneer for holistic systems for wellbeing and environmental stewardship from the Southwest homelands of Arizona and New Mexico, talk about permaculture and Traditional Ecological Knowledge. She will be sharing her extensive knowledge on permaculture; developing environmental systems that are sustainable and self-sufficient. She strives to share her passion and commitment to educate and instill care taking of community and land stewardship through Indigenous values and principles; weaving traditional ecological knowledge with innovative science.

Friday

3:15-5:15pm: Nature Walk to Balch Hill
This week we are taking a trip up Balch Hill to catch the sun setting over campus. We will be playing in the snow. Probably we will learn something about nature, not sure what yet. Come discover a cool natural area within walking distance of campus! Meet behind Robo@3:15 with boots, multiple layers of pants, and all your jackets (it'll be cold)!

Saturday

4-6pm: Bonfire @ The Farm!!
We've got a huge brush pile to burn, so join us at the farm for a sweet bonfire, some smores, and fireside finger food! Rides behind Robo starting at 3:45pm. As always, BYOBowls & Utensils if you wanna enjoy some homemade chili!

love,
your farm