The reasons to go meatless this monday are vast and various. The impacts of the animals we consume range from global warming to human rights violations.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/sep/07/food.foodanddrink

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2005/usa0105/

If you're already a vegetarian, consider going V E G A N for one day a week. Almost every negative impact from the meat industry is also a part of the dairy and egg industries.  And it's really not as hard to find hardy, nutritious vegan food here as you might think!

Some options tomorrow include:

FOCO- (all vegan): vegetable pot pie, broccoli and cheese pizza, quinoa, and grilled portabella

COLLIS- peanut noodle and split pea soup! try getting stirfry with veggies from the salad bar along with tofu and any sauce!

NOVACK- avocado sushi and veggie wraps with hummus are always good!

THE HOP- try some of the many Taste of Africa meals in the fridge- flavorful and very vegan

Pledge to go M E A T L E S S this Monday and make a difference.

Join the Dartmouth Animal Welfare Club this Wednesday at 7:30pm in Collis 218 for our weekly meeting to learn more about what YOU can do to get involved.