The Association of Women in Mathematics

cordially invites you to our first event of the term!

a WELCOME to AWM!

With special guest Professor Maeve McCarthy (former Executive Director of the National AWM)

Appetizers and drinks will be provided.

5:30PM

Kemeny 201

Come connect with the math community at Dartmouth and meet lots of great people. Learn about what we do and how YOU can get involved.

All majors and genders welcome!

*Note*

There will also be a Math Department colloquium presented by Professor Maeve McCarthy prior to the welcome event starting at 4:00pm in Kemeny 008. The talk is titled:

 "Bounds and optimization of the minimum eigenvalue for a vibrating system."

If you're interested on the topic or just want to sit in on a mathematics talk, this event is highly recommended!