Respect Works
Monday, August 4 (tomorrow!)
Bones Gate Fraternity

Co-sponsored by IFC, SA, GLC, BG, Psi U, Phi Delt, AD, Beta
not your typical conversation on sexual assault

Males only portion

·      4:00-5:00 pm – Student Panel

·      5:15-5:45 pm – Professor Barbara Will on Consent

·      5:45-6:15 pm – Jen Sargent on the Legal Consequences of Sexual Assault

·      6:15-6:30 pm – Food is served

·      6:30-7:30 pm – Cindy Pierce, local comedian and activist

Males and Females

·      8:00-8:30 pm – Candlelight procession from Bones Gate to Dartmouth Hall

·      8:45-10:00 pm – Concert: Erin Harpe and the Delta Swingers at Bones Gate

The purpose of this event is to start a conversation and do something that will hopefully make Dartmouth a better place. At a panel on sexual assault in the spring at Heorot, graduating seniors said they wished they had done something like this sooner. We agree. It is essential that everyone in this community feels comfortable and now is the time.

The event will have eight student speakers talking about a variety of ideas and experiences with sexual assault. Two faculty members will follow and will also add another element to the conversation. Finally, Cindy Pierce, a local comedian and activist, has so much knowledge on the topic. This is not your typical conversation on sexual assaultThis event’s goal is to provide new insight and start conversations on the topic. Hopefully, it will be a profound learning experience and make people more aware of their behavior and words in the future.

After the panel, there will be a candlelight procession to Dartmouth Hall to show that this community stands by those with previous experiences with assault. The day will conclude with a concert by a local band. Bracelets and t-shirts that have been designed for the event will be handed out over the course of the evening. Both are free, although optional donations are accepted and will be donated to the WISE foundation.

We think this will be a very powerful and informative day. We hope to see everyone there!

Please blitz Robbie Tanner (Robert.S.Tanner.16@dartmouth.edu) or Connor Gibson (Connor.E.Gibson.16@dartmouth.edu) with any questions.