Yes, there are Jews in Poland in the 21st Century.

But why? And how?

Come to Loew Auditorium this Thursday, May 29, at 7pm for the premiere screening of

Paradisus: The Thousandth Year

A feature documentary directed by Rena Sapon-White '14

About the film

Paradisus explores an unlikely phenomenon: the revival of Jewish life in Poland in the 21st Century.

Small but vibrant communities of Polish Jews have formed in the past decade, emerging in a country condemned during WWII and Communism to forever be a cemetery for Jews.

The film endeavors to answer the question: Why be Jewish in Poland today? And what does it mean to rebuild a community on the site of a genocide?

There will be a reception at 6pm in the BFVAC atrium.

A Q&A will follow the screening.

www.facebook.com/aretherejewsinpoland

----------

"THE UNION" PRE-SCREENING

​FROM the DIRECTOR of "HAPPY DARTMOUTH"
and
STARRING the LEAD of "THE PILLOWMAN"

LEOW AUDITORIUM, VISUAL ARTS CENTER
Thursday, May 29th, 9:00pm

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kigrb2uLhw0

Come take a sneak peek at the feature film (82 min) we've been working on since our sophomore spring!

Would love to see you there,

Jeremy Thibodeau '14,
Ben Edlin '14,
Henry Michaels '14