To the Dartmouth Community,

Movement Against Violence (MAV) is a student-run organization that educates peers on sexual violence prevention and works with communities to identify steps they can take to cultivate a safe environment for everyone. Formerly known as Mentors Against Violence, we would like for our new name to reflect the idea that no matter where we stand on this issue, as individuals and as a community, we all have the potential to move forward in preventing assault, abuse, and harassment.

As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, MAV is offering facilitated discussions for students to help us imagine what sexual violence prevention could look like on this campus. We encourage you to RSVP, but walk-ins are always welcome.
April 23
Paganucci Lounge
Session 1: 10-11:05 am
Session 2: 12:30-1:35 pm
Session 3: 3-4:05 pm​

Over the past year, MAV has observed a shift in our facilitated discussions. The student collective increasingly acknowledges the existence and severity of sexual assault. Our conversations have been more productive and we are seeing more students engaging committedly. We are moving forward.

MAV would like to thank the following groups on campus who have made our job easier and give us hope for this issue:

   the student activists, for bravely pushing the conversation forward;
​   the Division of the Dean of the College, for creating the Center for Community Action and Prevention
   and along with the President's Office, ​for proposing a new sexual assault adjudication policy;
   the Office of Health Promotion and Wellness, for coordinating the Dartmouth Bystander Initiative;
   the Sexual Assault Awareness Programfor hiring a new Survivor Advocate to support students;
   the Center for Gender and Student Engagement, for the White Ribbon Campaign and V-February;
   the Student and Presidential Committee on Sexual Assault, for spearheading campus policy reforms;
   the Sexual Assault Peer Advisors, ​for supporting and advocating for survivors at all times of the day;
   the Greek Leadership Council, ​for ensuring that all new members receive prevention education;
   Green Team, UGAs, and EMT, for being on the front lines of prevention and intervention;
   and the student body

We thank you all, including those not mentioned above, for your indispensable partnership.

Sincerely,
Movement Against Violence​

Check out the rest of Sexual Assault Awareness Month events!
For more information and for sexual assault resources on campus, see: