Secretary of State Kerry says ongoing negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians may achieve a peace deal as soon as this spring. Come learn and discuss how a peace deal might look.  Join J Street U as we follow up on last week's discussion of Jerusalem with a discussion of borders and settlements.

Where: Sarner Underground 69
When: Tuesday, January 21 at 6:30pm
Topic: Borders
Dinner: Orient

Israel has been building settlements in the West Bank for decades. In a two state solution, Israel would want to keep as many of these within its future borders as possible and Palestine would want to have a reasonably sized state. We will discuss land swaps as well as different possibilities for how the boarders could be drawn.

J Street U is a pro-Israel, pro-peace, pro-Palestinian group that promotes American diplomatic leadership in achieving a two-state solution as an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  We believe that Israeli security and democracy, as well as Palestinian human rights and statehood, can only be achieved through a two-state solution based on 1967 borders with mutually agreed-upon land swaps. J Street U is the student arm of J Street.

*Like J Street U Dartmouth on Facebook*
*Like J Street U on Facebook*