Hello Future Dartmouth Idol,

It’s Dartmouth Idol Time and I want to extend a personal invitation to you to audition for Dartmouth Idol. Like before it will be full of fun and surprises and will pattern part of the show off of NBC’s The Voice where you will be paired with another soloist for a portion of your performance. But even with all the hype, without you Dartmouth Idol cannot be.

Let me take a few moments to explain why Idol could be for you.

  1. Idol provides a platform for contemporary vocal performance where you can develop your artist chops. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that it may not be for you. Some of those who have done the best were not necessarily considered to be the “star” vocalists of their musical organization or even involved in the music community.
  2. We look for all types of voices. The show is about diversity; thus we embrace it in every way.
  3. Hate auditions… the audition is quick (only 5 minutes long), light, low key, and fun. No cut downs here, I promise.
  4. We respect that you’re busy so we make the schedule work for you.
  5. Even if you were previously passed over, past unsuccessful participants have gone on to place and in 3 cases win in future years.
  6. You will get a lot out of this?”
    1. You get the chance to sing with a band that is Hollywood level.
    2. As before, you will be coached by nationally acclaimed vocalists some of which have participated in national vocal competitions themselves.
    3. Your vocal range and performance level will grow after having gone through this experience.
  7. You will be exposed to amazing future performance opportunities. Past idol finalists have performed at Jazz at Lincoln Center, Oprah Winfrey’s Entertainment Incentive trip (a 17 day Mediterranean Cruise),  The White House, World Bank, Ameriprise Financial Worldwide Business Conference, and Venite (Lucerne Switzerland Winter Celebration).
  8. Additionally, the exposure to upper level leadership at Dartmouth College is another wonderful perk.

 The idol experience can be one that you will not soon forget. So I hope to see many of you try out for this year’s Dartmouth Idol. Who knows…you might be that magical performer that needed this push. Don’t sell yourself short!

Take a chance…hope to see you at the auditions!  Sign up at www.dartmouthidol.com.

Walt C.

Dartmouth Idol Creator and Producer