Dear Campus,

In light of President Hanlon's recent email to campus (the text of which is copied below), The Radical has produced The Israel Issue, a 'zine with the quick-and-dirty with regard to Israel, Palestine, and the boycott.

Look out for it in print tomorrow, and for now check it out online: http://thedartmouthradical.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/the-israel-issue/

Articles include:

An Incomplete Timeline of Jewish Diaspora
~ anna winham

Beyond "Academic Freedom": An Argument for Palestinian Liberation
~ Moulshri Mohan

The Symbolic Significance of the Boycott
~ Omar Hajajreh

Why Boycott?
~ Ben Packer

Interview with Senior Fellow, Rena Sapon-White
~ Guillermo K. Rojas

Church of Which Nations?
~ Mayowa Willoughby

Jewish AND Anti-Zionist
~ Jillian Mayer

Resistance Resources
~ anna winham

An Open Letter to President Hanlon
~ Allison Puglisi

Yours in Revolution,
The Radical

December 28, 2013

Dear members of the Dartmouth community,

Recently several academic associations, including the American Studies
Association, have proposed or endorsed a boycott of Israeli academic
institutions. I believe that academic boycotts restrict the free exchange of
ideas that are at the heart of Dartmouth's dual mission to educate
citizen-leaders and advance the frontiers of knowledge. Collaboration,
especially across significant points of tension and difference, is essential to
fostering mutual understanding and solving the world's most complex problems.
As president, I am committed to ensuring that all members of the Dartmouth
community have the opportunity to engage in scholarly work across the globe,
including with academic institutions of Israel.

I respect the right of faculty, students, and staff to express their personal
opinions. While I do not support this boycott, I hope that together we can work
to expand, rather than limit, engagement with our colleagues.

Sincerely,
Phil Hanlon '77
President