In response to the recent call to action by five members of the Panhellenic Executive Council, The Student and Presidential Committee on Sexual Assault would like to respond to one aspect directly relevant to our work. While opinions on Greek house recruitment vary, there is no debate that more should be done to reduce sexual violence on campus. We commend the inclusion in their list of demands more stringent measures for those found responsible of sexual misconduct, a recommendation SPCSA has also made.  SPCSA has worked and continues to work with the Dartmouth College Administration to bring this much needed change to our campus.We encourage all students to continue to work towards a safer campus.

The following recommendation was published by SPCSA in the Summer of 2013:

  *   Incorporate language of “rape” or equivalent wording into the Student Handbook and enforce a codified policy mandating that non-consensual sexual penetration will not be tolerated at Dartmouth College and will result in expulsion for students found responsible.

The complete 2012 and 2013 SPCSA recommendations can be found here on our website:

http://dartmouthspcsa.wordpress.com/our-recommendations/

Best,
SPCSA