Have you had a meaningful cross-cultural experience?

Would you like to make even more meaning of this experience?

Do you want to potentially change the lives of students from under-resourced local middle and high schools?

Apply to be a Language in Motion (LIM) presenter!

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/service/local/school/lim/ap-timeline.html

*Application due Monday, January 13th at 4 pm*

Language in Motion (LIM) promotes deeper cross-cultural understanding and college awareness by bringing exceptional Dartmouth undergraduates into partner teachers' middle and high school classrooms to share the world with their students.

The LIM program offers a unique opportunity for Dartmouth students to make meaning of their cross-cultural experience, and continue to build upon the personal growth found while abroad in a community of like-minded students.

Opportunities:

-          Reflect on your off-campus experience and bring meaning to this experience by sharing it with others.

“[LIM gave me a chance to] realize how much sharing personal experiences and stories can make a difference and inspire those who haven’t had [them].” –LIM '16 presenter

-           Inspire students to consider the unique opportunities offered in college.

"I am going to be more open-minded, explore my surroundings and further my education after high school…" –HS Student comment after LIM presentation

"It made me want to travel more because there are so many cultures and things to experience." –MS Student comment after LIM Presentation

-          Gain valuable skills related to leadership, creating and giving effective presentations.

-          Join a community of internationally oriented students for fun and reflection! (LIM has community events throughout the term that can range from ice cream socials to dinner and discussions!)

Expectations:

-          Apply (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/service/local/school/lim/ap-timeline.html) DUE: January 13th

-          Selected presenters must attend 3 mandatory training sessions and a debriefing at the end of the term.

-          Work with a partner teacher (from one of LIM's four partner high schools—Lebanon High School, Rivendell Academy, Stevens High School and Windsor High School) to develop and give a classroom presentation on your off-campus experience. (LIM helps with the logistics—including transportation!)

Minimal time commitment (~12 hours a term) to make an amazing impact.

Questions:          Visit the LIM website (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/service/local/school/lim/)

                                Email ([log in to unmask])

                                Call (603 646 9761)

Language in Motion (LIM)

The Tucker Foundation

Dartmouth College

(603) 646-9761

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/service/local/school/lim/index.html

Jay Davis, Program Director.

Lindsey E. Green, LIM Program Coordinator ([log in to unmask])

Jordan Keehn, LIM Student Director.