[cid:4a5d1ebd-86c0-44ad-9472-1fe904c1ab6e]

WHAT'S GOING ON THIS WEEK
In terms of gender and social justice at Dartmouth
October 28 - November1
________________________________
Afternoon Tea with Toni Maviki:

Life experiences and keeping each other safe, from a self-identified Trans woman.
Join the conversation with Guest, Toni Maviki. Ms. Maviki attended NHTI as a criminal justice major and has served in a variety of capacities in law enforcement for many years. She continues to train officers on diversity issues, particularly LGBT interests. She is a member of G.O.A.L New England (Gay Officers Action League) and has presented diversity training for the Harvard, Cambridge and MIT police departments as well as the Massachusetts Police Academy in Springfield, MA. She has also presented LGBT training for church groups and youth organizations.

Monday, October 28, 5pm
Tea and Cookies served
@ The Center for Gender and Student Engagement
6 Choate Road (between Little and Brown in the Choates)

________________________________
Comedian Cindy Pierce

Come hear college speaker, comic storyteller (and campus legend) Cindy Pierce bring the truth about sex and relationships to the forefront! Cindy makes the most awkward topics absolutely hilarious, and is just generally the coolest. This is the event you should not miss this term!!! Bring ya friends!!! Open to EVERYONE (not just women)
Her website for a preview: http://cindy-pierce.com<http://cindy-pierce.com/>

Monday, October 28, 6pm
Pizza will be served
@ C&G (next to Dirt Cowboy)

________________________________
Women in Business Lean In Livestream Viewing Party

 Join the Lean In community for a live discussion with Sheryl Sandberg as we launch Lean In on Campus! Sheryl will share her passion for helping the next generation of female leaders lean in and will be answering your questions. You'll learn about our Lean In on Campus program and receive all the information you need to get involved. Together, we believe we can close the leadership gap and change the trajectory for women around the world. We hope you'll join us.

Monday, Oct 28, 7 pm
Pizza will be served
@ Rocky 2

________________________________
An Introduction to Relationship Violence with the SAPAs

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and the SAPAs are screening a TED Talk by Leslie Morgan Steiner, a Harvard graduate who shares her story with relationship violence, followed by a discussion introducing students to this issue. This is closed event offered to student groups who work with sexual and gender based violence as an opportunity to learn more about what domestic violence looks like in college.

 Monday, Oct 28, 7 pm
@ Collis 101

________________________________
Who Gets To Be Miss America?

"Miss New York is an Indian. With all due respect, this is America." "How the f-k does a foreigner win Miss America?" What is beauty? ...Identity? Dinner & Discussion about the 'normative' standards of beauty in America. "Milan," a Hindi/Urdu word meaning "community," is the South Asian social and cultural group Dartmouth. Founded in 1987, Milan spans all of South Asia and serves as a focal point for students of South Asian origin and anyone interested in the region.

Panelists: Professor Richard Wright (Geography) Professor Bed Giri (English) Professor William Elison (AMES), Tausif Noor '14

Tuesday, Oct 29, 7 pm
Jewel of India will be served
@ Sarner Underground

Would you like to know more about the CGSE?
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/DartmouthCGSE?fref=ts>
Blitz CGSE
Check out our Website<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cgse/>
Or just drop by!
(We're located in the Choates, between Brown and Little)