The Nathan Smith Society & Dartmouth Food Connection are co-hosting an all-campus event during Food Week 2013.   Thanks to Lauren Salguerio 15 of the NSS Executive Committee for her work in arranging this important event.  Sign up now!
******
Are you interested in issues related to hunger in the Upper Valley? Do you wonder what it would be like without the convenience of our dining services? Do you recognize the limitations of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)? Do you know where your next meal will come from?

Millions of Americans face the reality of food insecurity and the problem is right in our backyard. According to the 2009 USDA's report on hunger, Vermont had the highest increase in household food insecurity in the country over the last 10 years. Nearly 1 in 5 Vermont households with children reported not having enough money to adequately nourish their families. So why isn't something being done?

Come learn about hunger in the Upper Valley and find out ways to get involved at:
 Dartmouth Hunger Banquet
Thursday, October 17th @ 5:30-7 pm
Collis Common Ground
Dinner and drinks will be served!
Space is limited. Please RSVP & make an optional donation (DA$H) to the Upper Valley Haven Food Shelter (suggested donation $5) at
 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGDz5wSkH_EsS5E9VDRXNd7rgPR_L1La5gSYRNQ0G6Q/viewform

Panelists include:

Dr. Lee Witters, Professor of Biology, Medicine & Biochemistry
Dr. John Butterly, Professor of Medicine
Sara Kobylenski, Executive Director of the Upper Valley Haven