Stories Growing Films,  Dartmouth's only student run production company, is currently casting for our exciting new short film: METHOD ACTING. A short film brilliantly penned by Marquis T. Austin '16 and will be masterfully directed by Devon Koch '16. It follows the story of young filmmakers and their experience of casting a method actor and is in the style of mockumentary (a fake documentary) similar to that of THE OFFICE or THIS IS SPINAL TAP.

We will be holding auditions on Tuesday (9/24) from 7 to 10 PM.  We do have a three slots later this evening still available from 10:30-11. Auditions will be held in Baker 158. Please blitz us at [log in to unmask], to reserve your time. If you could, please provide us with a range of times, auditions will be scheduled in 10 minutes slots. Just to note, we don't require headshots or resumes. The script is attached so you can become familiar with it and the role you want to audition for.

If you have any questions, please blitz the club account or [log in to unmask]

We are looking to cast the following roles:

Character Breakdown

Zoe Davis (16-early 20's): Quite possibly a misanthrope, smarter than most high school students, could honestly care less about what people think of her. Undoubtedly beautiful, but doesn't present herself in a manner that screams future prom queen or girlfriend of the quarterback. She's the mastermind behind the documentary within the film.

Wyatt Berkeley (16-early 20's): Lanky and weak in a Michael Cera kind of way. A schoolyard bully's wet dream. He compensates for his feebleness with his intellect and innate leadership ability. He's the director of the film within the movie.

Rachel (16-early 20's): Gorgeous and athletic, always tries to look on the bright side of things, but she's not an airhead or anything like that. Much more pleasant and charming than her friends, Zoe and Wyatt.

Abby McIntyre (15-18): A preciously adorable redhead with a whole lot of crazy packed into that petite body of hers. She continuously tries to present herself as the polite and well-mannered girl you would assume her to be at first glance, but her inner mean girl always comes out. She lands the female lead role in the gang's movie.

Jack Reginald (18-mid 20's): Handsome and cool like the other side of the pillow, but his overbearing confidence and off-putting arrogance often eclipses those A-1 qualities. Considers himself a method actor. He lands the male lead in the gang's movie.

Cameraman (15-18): Douchey, but not a total lost cause. He has a heart.

George (18-mid 20's): Attractive, the type of guy tween girls go crazy for. Must be able to sing and play guitar.

Ms. Saunders (20-mid 30's): The gang's youthful, moderately attractive teacher.

Zoe's Mom (40-50s): Warm and caring, a loveable matriarch.

Other Characters:
    ?Cinematographer
    ?Girl (Abby's hair stylist)
    ?Sound Mixer