With just four meetings left in the term (including today),the time has come for...SERIES PROPOSALS!!

Ideally, you will arrive at the meeting having emailed me your proposal (a list of 9-20 films and a short paragraph describing your clever, tight, unique 9-part series) by 4pm today, and in your top hat and monocle deliver a well-rehearsed pitch for your magnum opus. But what will probably happen is that you will come to DFS without your top hat and monocle, but with a REALLY great idea you haven't had time to put to paper. AND THAT'S OKAY TOO!

This first round of proposals is our group's opportunity to bounce your idea around, give suggestions and display enthusiasm. So don't be shy :-) I know you are all secretly dying to propose a film series. Voting begins next week!

...I still haven't found the muppet roulette movie...

So, this week apropos of Vertigo, we will talk about obsession on film. Why is film a great medium for describing a character who is obsessed? And since it looks like a lot of people saw The Sapphires and The Angels' Share, we'll certainly talk about them too...avec EBA's appetizers. Yay!

See you at 6,

Johanna

COME TO DFS
Free food. Free thinking. Free AIR.