Sign up for a DOC trip, get outside and enjoy the spring weather!

To sign up for any trip, just blitz that trip's leader. Signups are first come, first serve.

Trips are cheap ($5 or less usually) and often free if you're a DOC member!

 These trips are beginner friendly and require no previous experience unless otherwise noted.

NOTE: There are a many Spring Weekend Trips this weekend including mountain biking, paddling, hiking, and rock climbing.  All of these trips include an overnight and dinner at the Lodge! Trip cost is $10, which includes lodge dinner and overnight. Stop by the lawn out front of Robinson Hall on Thursday May 9th between 12-3pm to sign up for these trips.

WEDNESDAY
Cabin and Trail
The Feed!
Come to the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) this Wednesday at 7pm for the feed! Menu and chef are yet to be determined, but it'll probably be delicious
When: 7pm
Where: The Rock

THURSDAY
Ledyard Canoe Club
Feed at the Club!
6:30pm. Thursday.

Come join us down at the Ledyard Canoe Club house for a beautiful evening

down by the river and some delicious food.

$4 on DASH or Cash.

FRIDAY
All-DOC

What: All-DOC/anyone-can-come bike-n-picnic trip
When: Friday 4 PM to 7:30 PM

Where: Union Village recreation area in Vermont (~15 miles round trip)

Leader(s): Hunter van Adelsberg, Jay Dumanian

Why: Because bikes are fun, but even more fun when picnics are involved!

Cost: FREE!

Grab your bike and get off campus for a while! A group of around 20 of us will be pedaling over Vermont to enjoy the sun, the hills and some quality grilled cheese. A great way to round off you weekend out-of-doors and mingle with some people from different sub-clubs.

Blitz: Hunter van Adelsberg to sign up or get more info.

Cabin and Trail
What: Holt's Ledge Trailwork!
When (and where): Friday afternoon, leaving from behind Robo shortly after twos finish, getting back around suppertime
Leaders: Anna Knowles and Max Deibel
Why: There are some blowdowns on the trail up to Holt's Ledge that need to be addressed (and also stamped, sealed, and posted off into the woods). In other words, there are some fallen trees that we're going to be clearing with hand tools. Give your brain a rest and exercise your body - come and be burly! There's also a chance to see a nice sunset if the weather cooperates and we feel so inclined.
       P.S: Heelers, trailwork is a requirement to ascend!
Cost: Free! (and we'll be bringing snacks!)
Blitz Anna to sign up ("chefanna" should work)

What: Mt. Cardigan Sunsike
When: 6:30-9:30
Leaders: Jon King, Shea Flanagan
Come enjoy a pleasant 2 mile hike to the summit of Mt. Cardigan. From the bald summit, we'll enjoy panoramic views and a glorious New Hampshire sunset! Back in time for Friday night shenanigans...
Cost: $1 DOC, $3 non-DOC
Blitz: Jon King for info/sign-ups

SATURDAY
Cabin and Trail
What: The Hunger Games! (Mt. Hunger Hike w/ stops at Ben & Jerry's Factory, Cabot Annex, and Cold Hollow Cider Mill!)
Leaders: Paige Wilson and Steve Tebbe
When: 8:00am, back before 7pm
Why: Hiking + Food + Friends = a great adventure!
We'll start the day off with a 4 mile moderate hike up Mt. Hunger, eat some lunch, then have a ball in the afternoon! With Ben & Jerry's, Cabot, and the Cider Mill within 3 miles of each other, we'll be able to go to all three and even get a couple factory tours. Should be a great way to explore the area, rain or shine!
Cost: $4 (does not include $4 tour at Ben & Jerry's) for DOC members, $10 for non-DOC
Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you want to sign up!

TUESDAY
Dartmouth Mountaineering Club
DMC Feed
Tuesday-7:30 pm
Come eat a delicious meal and sign up for rock climbing beginner trips!
Location: Basement of Casque and Gauntlet- the red brick building across the street from Collis and next to Dirt Cowboy Cafe

SPRING WEEKEND TRIPS-Sign up Outside Robinson Hall on Thursday May 9th from 12-3pm

Cabin and Trail
What: Trailwork on Moosilauke! (Spring Weekend trip)
When: 7:30 AM to after Lodge dinner
Leaders: Becca Novello & Katie Yu
We'll be hiking up the Gorge Brook trail and doing trailwork along the way. At the end of the day, we'll return to the Lodge for a great dinner. A great opportunity to help maintain our trails!
Cost: (probably) FREE
This is part of DOC Spring Weekend. To sign up, go to Robo Lawn on Thursday afternoon - a table will be set up.
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more info

What: Franconia Ridge (Spring Weekend trip)
When: 7am to Lodge Dinner
Leaders: Hannah McGehee and Julia Hudnut-Beumler
Why: Get outside and enjoy Spring Weekend!
We will be leaving campus at 7am to ensure plenty of time to hike, enjoy the views, and make it back in time for dinner at the Lodge. Rides will be returning to campus Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Cost: $10
Blitz: Hannah McGehee with questions
Sign up: Robo lawn on Thursday afternoon

What: Presidentials Hike (Eisenhower)
When: 7:30 am – Dinner at the Lodge (option of spending Saturday night at the Lodge)
Leader(s): Jocelyn Powelson, Pawan Dhakal
Why: Because its Spring Weekend... and you got to hike Presidentials.
Come hike with us on a trail up Pierce on the way to Eisenhower! On Saturday, we'll leave early in the morning, hike a few miles (10 miles round trip) and have dinner at the Lodge. Optionally, we can spend the night at the Lodge and hang around. Fun is guaranteed.
Cost: $10.
Note: Because it’s Spring Weekend, sign-ups will be on Thursday 12-3pm outside ROBO. (there will be many trips going on… you don’t want to miss this)
Blitz: Pawan Dhakal to sign up or to get more info!

Ledyard Canoe Club

Paddling Trips on Saturday and Sunday
Come to Robo Lawn to Sign Up!

Dartmouth Mountaineering Club
Beginner Climbing to Rumney on Saturday and Sunday
Come to Robo Lawn to Sign Up