Interested in education justice and Teach for America?

Want to go beyond theoretical education reform and see what it can actually look like?

The Cartel: A Film Screening
Monday, May 13 at 6:30 pm | Paganucci Lounge (Left of Foco Lobby)
Free dinner by Panera.
The Cartel...takes on the 'unconscionable failure' of New Jersey's public schools.
USA Today

A brisk, incisive and mind-boggling – no other phrase will work – exposé
Los Angeles Times
This movie says it all, and is a must see for any American.
Philadelphia City Paper

About the Film
Teachers punished for speaking out. Principals fired for trying to do the right thing. Union leaders defending the indefensible. Bureaucrats blocking new charter schools. The Cartel shows us our educational system like we've never seen it before. Behind every dropout factory, we discover, lurks a powerful, entrenched, and self-serving cartel. But The Cartel doesn't just describe the problem. Balancing local storylines against interviews with education experts such as Clint Bolick (former president of Alliance for School Choice), Gerard Robinson (president of Black Alliance for Educational Options, and Chester Finn (president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, this movie explores what people are doing to make our schools better for our kids. Putting a human face on the harm done by the educational cartel,The Cartel takes us beyond the statistics, generalizations, and abstractions that typically frame our debates about education--and draws an unequivocal bottom line: If we care about our children's futures, we must insist upon far-reaching and immediate reform. And we must do it now.

http://www.thecartelmovie.com/cgi-local/content.cgi?g=27

Brought to you by World Partners in Education at Dartmouth.