Dr. Melanie Joy will be speaking on campus TODAY (May 1st)!

Dr. Joy will be discussion her theory, called carnism: the invisible belief system that shapes our
perceptions of the meat we eat, so that we love some animals and eat others without knowing why.

Using powerful imagery, thought-provoking analyses, and a compelling narrative, Dr. Joy elucidates

how, although unjust belief systems (racism, sexism, ableism, etc.) all are unique, the mentality that enables

 such systems is strikingly similar.

When: Wednesday, May 1st (TODAY)
Where: Carpenter 13
Time: 6:30 pm for free dinner (Taste of Africa); 7:00 pm for presentation

http://www.facebook.com/events/548289321870660/