Dear all,
Please join us for this event with tango stars Fernanda Ghi and Guiillermo Merlo (www.fernandaguillermo.com/). Everyone is welcome, whether you are an absolute beginner or a pro!

On Saturday, 6 April, we will have a workshop with three 90 minute classes (12:45-6:30 pm) followed by a milonga (tango ball) with performance by Fernanda Ghi and Guillermo Merlo in the evening (9 pm - 12 am). On Sunday, Fernanda and Guillermo will be available for private classes.

12:45 pm - 1 pm Registration

1 pm - 2:30 pm Pivot I

3 pm - 4:30 pm Pivot II

5 pm - 6:30 pm Pivot III

Location:
Cummings Great Hall, Thayer School of Engineering,

14 Engineering Drive
, Hanover, NH.

Pricing
Regular: $25/40/50 for 1/2/3 classes
Dartmouth graduate and other students with ID: $10 per class, $25 for all three
Dartmouth undergraduate students with ID: FREE

The theme of the workshop is:

THE PIVOT!!! Do you know how to pivot…using your partner’s energy?

Argentine tango is a dance of improvisation, and we need to use “the pivot” all of the time. Pivoting for the leader and the follower uses different mechanisms, and we will work on exercises to improve both. We will also explore these techniques in the context of some of the more useful tango vocabulary like sacadas (displacements) and giros (turns). The PIVOT is our best friend in tango!

The first class of this in-depth exploration of the pivot will start with exercises and then we will move on to include other tango elements with progressive difficulty, depending on the level of dancers attending. At least the first class will be suitable for all levels of dancers though, including absolute beginners. However, if possible, we request that even experienced dancers follow the class progression, starting with the first class, to avoid the need of bringing everyone up to date on the content of the preceding class(es).

 9:00 pm to 12 am Milonga with performance by Fernanda Ghi & Guillermo Merlo

Pricing: $10 (only $5 for Dartmouth students)