To the Dartmouth Community,

With the unusually high number of our chapters that have recently been placed on probation, we want to acknowledge our collective Greek responsibility.

While there have been recent events that may or may not promote the positive aspects of the greek community, we take our environment very seriously and we will continue to engage with the College administration to improve ourselves and promote our goals.

We believe it is important to remember that the ultimate goal of the Greek Leadership Council and we hope, of the College administration, is to achieve parity between rules, regulations and the people that follow them.

Recent endeavors of the Greek Leadership Council and its member chapters, which meet out community standards are listed below:

Successful Support of the Greek Community
In the Spring term of 2012 the GLC lead a forum on hazing and how to combat it within the greek environment. All Greek leaders attended this event had we have been working very hard to implement some of the recommendations in order to prevent situations which may endanger our success.

In the Fall term of 2012 we saw the opening of Alpha Phi's physical plant. Both Alpha Phi national organization and their Dartmouth leadership team put a extensive effort into making this project come to life and it is a wonderful new addition to our community.

Betterment of the Community
In the Fall term of 2012, the Greek community actively fundraised and supported the CHaD Half-Marathon. This effort was successfully led by the Inter-Fraternity Council. Through the Philanthropic All American Rush competition (PAAR), the Greek community raised $103,719. All proceeds went to the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD). Each summer the entire Greek community also participates in and heavily supports the Prouty and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center at DHMC.

Greek Unity
Greek organizations are continuing to work successfully together on community projects, programming events, and important policy decisions. Some examples include Country for a Cause, the Chili Cook Off, Jamboree for the Junction, Seoul Food, Webster Avenue Trick-or-Treat, and many more.

Development of the Individual
Members of the Greek community are continually achieving outstanding results whether it be in the classroom, on the sports field, or in the wider community. Out of the 20 individuals inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, 14 of them were Greek. Our members have also participated in the application process for the Rhodes Scholarship, Truman Scholarship, and others.

Our Greek leaders have been through leadership training that improves their skills and enables them to more effectively lead our community.

We have also promoted the education of 850 students with regards to hazing, playing an important role in ensuring the safety of our members.

Maintaining the Integrity of the Greek Community

We are in the process of developing Greek-wide sexual assault standards and education. The GLC has also been very important in working with the College in its development of new safety protocols.

Our goal is to continually work towards the betterment of our community and we invite you to give us feedback through this short survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W6XY5CV

Sincerely,

The Greek Leadership Council

Who Are We? Check us out here