Come to the Social Justice Alliance's first meeting of the term!

When: THURSDAY, January 31 at 7pm (that's right! our meeting day changed!)
Where: Tucker Living Room
Why: Participate in meaningful conversation and help plan advocacy and fundraising events like...

* Grassroots Soccer Tournament * Conflict-Free Campus * Rice & Beans Dinner Discussions * and more! *

THIS WEEK: We'll be continuing our discussion from last week on the viability of education as reform in the prison system. Here are a couple articles that we'll be using to start off our discussion:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/nyregion/police-have-done-more-than-prisons-to-cut-crime-in-new-york.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/12/18/prison-could-be-productive/punishment-fails-rehabilitation-works

Blitz SJA with any questions. See you tomorrow!

SJA's aim is to provide holistic education on domestic and international issues relating to social inequality, poverty and related health problems.We are committed to examining the interconnected nature of these issues, advocating for relevant organizations and causes, and promoting action on campus and beyond. Each term, we select an issue or theme to guide our discussions, and plan a large fundraiser, educational opportunities, advocacy work, and more.