Before you grab a plate of food, remember that
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16 IS WORLD FOOD DAY.

In 1979, The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations established October 16 as World Food Day. On this day, people unite to bring awareness to hunger. Around the world, about 1 in 7 people are undernourished. But here on campus, the issue of hunger often escapes our mind when we're constantly surrounded by food. It can be difficult to imagine hunger, so we have provided a list of events for you to participate in to remember the importance of food in our everyday lives! Add these to your calendar!

THIS IS FOOD WEEK.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16
World Food Day (ALL DAY, EVERYWHERE)
Watch and share this video on hunger: http://youtu.be/udl9K6L1ekI
Appreciate your food as you go through the day.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18
Soup for Thought - Food Matters (12 - 1 PM, Tucker)
Come to the Tucker Foundation Living Room to discuss food-related issues that people are passionate about and why food is so important in our (daily) lives.
Local Foods Dinner and Discussion with Ecovores (7 PM, SLC)
Come to the Ecovores' weekly dinner to learn about the local foods movement and how to buy food around Hanover.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19
Potluck and Documentary Screening (5-7 PM, Haldeman 41)
We will be screening the documentary STAMPED and discuss the issues posed in it while enjoying food. Please bring a dish to share with the group in a potluck style dinner/discussion after the film!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20
Norwich Farmers Market (9 am - 1 PM)
Stay tuned for more information about potential rides to the Norwich Farmers MArket, one mile form the center of Norwich on Route 5 South. There are always warm, fresh baked goods and something warm to drink!

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21
Dinner at the White House with Susan Brison (6 - 7 PM, 13 East Wheelock Street)
The first 15 people to RSVP are invited to a home-cooked dinner at Professor Brison's house for a discussion on food choices here at Dartmouth. The dinner is on us - just bring your favorite recipe for a cookbook we'll be producing later this year!

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24 - NATIONAL FOOD DAY
Fresh Book Talk (6:30 - 7:30 PM, Collis 101)
Join us for a catered dinner and talk from Professor Freidberg about her new book Fresh, an engaging and thought-provoking look at the history of food. *Open to the first 30 people to RSVP*
Dinner at Class of 1953 Commons
Enjoy New England Family Farms Meatloaf and Vermont Farms Pulled Pork at Ma Thayer's tonight as Dartmouth Dining services features National Food Day.
Organic Farm Barn Opening Event (Afternoon, Organic Farm)
Come celebrate the barn raising with music, food, and barn tours!

The schedule for Food Week is attached so you can save that as a reference. We hope to see you at the events! If you have any questions, blitz "Dartmouth Food Connection"!