Come to the Social Justice Alliance's second meeting of the term!

When: Wednesday, September 26th at 7pm
Where: Tucker Living Room
Why: Participate in meaningful conversation and help plan advocacy and fundraising events like...

* Grassroots Soccer Tournament * Conflict-Free Campus Initiative * Rice & Beans Dinner Discussions with Professors * and more! *

This term's discussions will focus on Conflict in the Congo, which will give us a chance to explore the effects of conflict on education, health, human rights, and other social justice issues, as well as the conflict's causes and effects, the use of conflict minerals from the Congo in everyday electronics, and more.

THIS WEEK: we'll be learning about the basics of the conflict and international aid efforts. Below are a couple of helpful articles on the issue:

DR Congo Conflict:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11108589

The Only Way to Help Congo:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/opinion/the-only-way-to-help-congo.html?pagewanted=all

If you have any questions, please blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. See you tonight!

SJA's aim is to provide holistic education on domestic and international issues relating to social inequality, poverty and related health problems. We are committed to examining the interconnected nature of these issues, advocating for relevant organizations and causes, and promoting action on campus and beyond. Each term, we select an issue or theme to guide our discussions, and plan a large fundraiser, educational opportunities, advocacy work, and more.