Hi all,

The
Outreach Peer Mentoring Program is looking for Fall term Peer Educators!

     Interested in being a campus resource on sexual orientation and gender expression?

                      Not sure how to be an ally to LGBTQ friends and peers?

    Looking to advocate for LGBTQ rights on campus?

             Want to learn more about the Dartmouth LGBTQ community?
As Outreach has grown we have been pleased to see an increase in both ally involvement and the number of individuals who have been trained through the Outreach program. Our goal, however, is not simply to increase the number of trained mentors, but also to expand the size of the community that we are equipped to serve. In order to do this we are hoping to reach out to campus to better address the needs of students and create a safe space for LGBTQ students and others alike
Outreach Peer Educators will be educated through the Outreach Peer Mentor Training process, which is being held this Sunday, September 16th, from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM in Kemeny 108, and will serve as campus resources with regard to addressing LGTBQ issues. They will have the benefit of not only having gone through the training process, but also of having the Outreach community, students and educators alike, to help them with any issues they encounter.
We feel as though this will be not only be a show of solidarity, but will also help improve the campus climate toward LGBTQ issues. We will provide important information about how to address LGBTQ issues, which will be useful for future mentors and allies alike. We have attached the brief application, which can be submitted to our blitz account ([log in to unmask]) anytime before the event.
We hope that you will be a part of helping make all of campus a safe space to individuals regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity!
Outreach