Dear Campus,

It's time for some new folks to join our community.

If you would like to be part of visiting trips and planning friendly raids,
please use the Raid Blog and be very mindful of the raiding policies.  The
point of Trips is to create a sustainable welcome, a welcome that lasts.
Trippees and trip leaders and people totally unrelated to trips -- they're
all humans! Wow!

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~doc/firstyeartrips/2012/raid/blog/

If you want to be part of the Common Room Opening Ceremonies which are new
this year, in which first-year floors wil get together and set up their
common spaces and culminate some beautiful works of art which will be
seeded at the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge, and you feel good about facilitating
community art (we'll give you all the guidelines), then blitz Farzeen
Mahmud.

And a poem just to inspire you:

THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

— Wendell Berry