Dear tangueros,

The workshop and Milonga with  Fernanda Ghi & Guillermo Merlo is happening tomorrow, June 30th at Collis Common ground, which is located at the crossing of North main street and East Wheelock street. If you look at Dartmouth Map: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~maps/campus/scrollable.html , it's right at the corner of the big green. Please see detailed class schedule as below. They will also be available for private lessons on Sunday (July 1), please contact [log in to unmask] for a reservation or register at the workshop.

From 9:00 pm-12:00am we will have milonga with DJ Judith Schwartz at the same place, also don't miss the great performance by Fernanda & Guillermo during the milonga.

Our regular classes and practica will continue next Monday, July 2 in Thayer great hall. It will be the second week of 6-week series of beginner tango classes with Marisa Hebb, please find more details below.

Hope to see you on the dance floor,
Pingping
for DATS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday, June 30  at Collis common ground
Workshops and Milonga with Fernanda & Guillermo!

Schedule of events:

11:00 am - 11:15 am Registration

11:15 am - 12:45 pm Compression & Expansion Technique I (All levels welcome)
How to translate our energy and intention into physical movement- compression + expansion techniques create a clear way to communicate and interpret the lead and makes it much easier to use all of the tango vocabulary.

2:00 pm - 3:30 pm Tango Power and Energy (Advanced beginners to Intermediate level)
This class will focus on the body mechanics of how we create power to generate movement. We will then look at how we communicate this energy to our partner. We will be using these techniques to build the foundations of a basic tango vocabulary, especially the turn.

4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Compression & Expansion II (Intermediate to advanced level)
Using compression and expansion to do boleos. Furthermore, we will look at how we communicate energy and intention to our partner via the embrace. Connecting clearly with our partner through the embrace allows us to express our interpretation and connection to the music.

9 PM - midnight — Milonga!  Collis common ground
DJ: Judith Schwartz
With performance by F&G

Price:
$30 per class / $75 for all three
Dartmouth undergrad and graduate students: $10 per class / $25 for all three
Other students with ID: $15 per class / $35 for all three
Milonga admission: $10 ($5 for Dartmouth students)
This event is hosted and sponsored by the Dartmouth Argentine Tango Society

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Schedule of Events for Monday, July 2:

8- 9 PM: Beginner Tango Class with Marisa Hebb (6-Week Series)

Location: Cummings Great Hall, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth Campus (Cummings is the building to the left of the traffic circle at the bottom of Tuck Drive.  Come in and follow the tango music!)

Cost: $8/class or $40 for the series (i.e., buy 5 get one free), graduate students with ID $5/class or $25 for the series.

Description: In this six-week beginner series we will cover the fundamental tango toolkit, including partner connection & embrace, basic tango walk, rocking steps, the basic 8-count figure including the cross, ocho cortado, ochos, and finally paradas. We will play with improvisational combination of these tools and musicality throughout the series.

9-11 PM: Practica

Practica details:
Practica is a time and space to practice and improve your tango dancing.  Please don't hesitate to ask other dancers for help or advice!

Please remember to bring a pair of clean, smooth-soled shoes to dance in -- help us keep the floor nice by not dancing in your street shoes!

Price:
practica attendance is $3 for non-Dartmouth students.