Hi all,

Your Dartmouth Organic Farm is starting our summer CSA share program this week! Signups will be on the Collis patio (rain location: Collis lobby) at noon on Wednesday. We are doing 20 shares this year and taking signups on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will receive your first share when you sign up!

-What's a CSA share?
CSA means Community Supported Agriculture, it's a way of selling farm produce where the customer pays in advance for a regular delivery of a selection of vegetables. The idea is that you are buying a share of the farm's production - entrusting your farmer with operating money in advance to grow and bring you the produce that is currently best every week. Your CSA bag will be different every week, but will always be full of quality vegetables grown by your fellow students! We will bring shares to campus for pickup every Wednesday.

-What do you get?
We aim to be a "salad plus" CSA, meaning that we try to supply your weekly salad ingredients and add some interest to your cooking too. A mid-July bag might have: lettuce, tomatoes, various greens, an herb, and something like summer squash or cucumbers. We'll send out recipe ideas every week to help you with cooking! We don't have everything yet and every bag will be different, but it will be good and a fun way to cook with the produce of summer! One person could handle a share's worth of veggies in a week, but we've found that groups of 2-4 or so share a bag well.

Our CSA runs for the entirety of summer term (9 weeks), with weekly pickups ending on 8/22. A share costs $130, due at signup. Again, we have 20 shares and are taking signups first-come first-serve, starting at noon on Wednesday.

Blitz us with any questions!
-Emil