want to see what we've been up to in the sustainability office?

check out our youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DartmouthSustains?feature=watch

(and like us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/dartmouthsustainability)

"This Week" Highlights:

MONDAY, May 14th
*Strategies for Social Change: Improving Lives and Building Futures in Africa, 5pm, Tuck Business School
*Screening of "Bidder 70" with Terry Tempest Williams, 7pm, Fairchild 101

WEDNESDAY, May 16th
*Climate Reality Project, 7pm, Dartmouth Hall 105

THURSDAY, May 17th
*Dartmouth Animal Welfare Group Meeting, 8pm, Collis 221

Monday 5/14
*******************
Strategies for Social Change: Improving Lives and Building Futures in Africa
When: 5pm
Where: Borelli Classroom, Raether Hall, Tuck School of Business
What: What strategies create change? Learn from guest speaker Darius Mans, President of Africare. With a PhD in economics and past work as Country Director at the World Bank and CEO of the Millenium Challenge Corporation, Dr. Mans will share his perspective and 30 years of international development experience in mobilizing resources, partnering across sectors, and engaging business to develop self-sustaining communities across the African continent. Questions? Email :  [log in to unmask]

Screening of "Bitter 70," hosted by Terry Tempest Williams
When: 7-9pm
Where: Fairchild 101
What: Terry Tempest Williams has interviewed Tim DeChristopher in the January/February issue of Orion magazine.  To view the article please visit:http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.php/articles/article/6598.

Wednesday 5/16
*******************
Climate Reality Project
When: 7pm
Where: Dartmouth Hall 105
What: Want to know the basics and science of CLIMATE CHANGE?

The Climate Reality Project is coming to Dartmouth! Check out a presentation given by Charlie Bayless, a retired electric utility CEO and former president of West Virginia University Institute of Technology. The Climate Reality Project consists of more than 3,000 dedicated volunteers around the globe who are personally trained by former Vice President and Nobel Laureate Al Gore to educate the public about climate change. Climate Reality Presenters have reached a worldwide audience of more than 7.3 million people and are committed to preserving the climate balance upon which humanity depends.

Thursday 5/17
DAWG Meeting
When: 8 pm, Thursday May 17th
Where: Collis 221
What: Dartmouth Animal Welfare Group will be meeting to discuss plans for the end of term. We will be brainstorming ideas for our last Discussion Dinner, including what speakers to invite and what food to serve. We will also look at plenty of pictures of cute animals.
Ongoing:

* Friend us on facebook! Just search Dartmouth Sustainability or go to http://www.facebook.com/dartmouthsustainability

* Have stuff you want to sell or buy? Check out dartlist.com- it's like craigslist but for the Dartmouth community only.

* Get ready to donate to the Sustainable Moving Sale! More info coming soon.

Go green!