Japan After the 3.11 Earthquake: Rethink Rebuild Remember

Time: 4:30 to 6:00, Friday April 6th

Where: Carson L02

One year after its tragic earthquake, Japan is still on the road to recovery. Together with four other universities, Dartmouth will be featuring talks from Keiko Kiyama, Secretary General of JEN (Japanese Emergency NGO) and Nozomi Kanda, Director of Power of Japan. The lecture aims to cast a light on untold stories from those who lived it. For those in the United States, the disaster is becoming a thing of the past, but for those who experienced it, the disaster is all too real and present as they continue to struggle with the long-term financial, social, political and emotional repercussions. Prof. Dennis Washburn of Japanese and Comparative Literature will also talk about the current situation in Japan. We hope you will join us as we rethink and remember the earthquake while listening to those directly involved in the rebuilding.

DJS will also be selling t-shirts this week from 3 to 5 in Novack! Each shirt is $10 and proceeds will be going to those afflicted by the earthquake.