Do you love SET?

Do you not know what SET is?

Come to a lecture by Professor Liz McMahon of Lafayette College to learn all about the mathematical solution and implications about your favorite card-matching game!

Where: Silsby 028
When: This Wednesday (4/4) @7pm
Refreshments will be served!

The AWM hosts what is guaranteed to be an awesome, thought-provoking lecture that you wouldn't want to miss!
You may even get to test your own SET skills....bethere.

The card game SET is played with a special deck of 81 cards. We can learn a lot about the game through combinatorics, probability, linear algebra and geometry.  In addition, the cards are a good model for the finite affine geometry AG(4,3); we will see how to use the geometry to explore the game and, even better, how to use the game to understand the structure of the geometry. There is a surprisingly beautiful structure to complete caps, which are collections of cards with no sets. If you'd like some practice with the game before the talk, go to www.setgame.com for the rules and a Daily Puzzle.