Hey campus,

We are coming up to our last few days of piling snow, so come on out to the center of the Green, grab a shovel and play in the artificial snow (where's the real snow this year?).  We will be out there all day today and tomorrow, starting at noon.

Cheers,
Sculpture Crew

PS: We are constructing a cupcake, and the theme is Dartmouth in Candy Land.  Excerpt to follow...

All serious players of the original Candy Land should remember Queen Frostine. She was the most powerful card and arguably broken as an opening play. I still hate my older sister for drawing Queen Frostine while I drew a red card in my first game of Candy Land...

While originally powerful, Hasborg has been on a quiet quest to discredit and destroy Queen Frostine. First came the stripping of the Queen's title. In current editions, she is now known as Princess Frostine, and is a comely, barbie-doll figure on ice skates. While some may say that her loss of title was made up through her gain in hotness, I disagree. I see it as sexist and degrading. They also took away her awesomely huge staff of snowflake power and gave her a dainty wand.

In the recent feature film Candy Land - The Great Lollipop Adventure (2005, rated G), I was originally excited to find out it was about a Princess' quest to bring the royal scepter to the "Sweet Celebration" ceremony. Imagine my disappointment when it turns out that Princess Lolly is the leading female, while Princess Frostine is relegated to a supporting, older sister role. PRINCESS LOLLY?!?!? Please...debates still rage whether she is even a princess or not! Just look at your recent version of Candy Land.

The last straw came today when I opened my minty new copy of Candy Land DVD Game. As I pored through the playing mats, I eagerly anticipated a full cast of characters. Every face card from the original game should be there...Mr. Mint check, Jolly check, Gramma Nutt check, Lolly check, Gloppy check, King Kandy, check. Wait...Gloppy? What are you doing in there you evil chocolate monster. King Kandy? You're the end game condition, not a space at all.

Thats it. No Gingerbread Tree. No Princess Frostine. Relegated to a non-entity. At least Jib, who may be the curious offspring of the Gingerbread Tree, is featured in the DVD that comes with the game. Princess Frostine is completely ignored. From a Queen, to a pretty Princess, to a nonentity. I may never buy another Candy Land product again.

Fellow Candy Land players unite! I urge you to email Hasbro about this trend before our beloved Queen shows up as a character in the beheading game Guillotine. Act now or future generations may never know the true Queen of Candy Land.

-Lou

NOTE: I thought it important enough to repost this here, in the heart of the Candy Land community.