Dear Dartmouth Community Members,

The Inter-Community Council (I-CC) is now accepting applications for ALL community liaisons for Winter 2012. Below you will find the relevant information about I-CC, as well as the positions' responsibilities. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including freshmen. Applications are due TONIGHT, Sunday, January 8 at midnight.

Please blitz the I-CC account with any questions or concerns.

We are excited to hear from you soon!

Patricia Lee ‘12 and Chris O’Connell ‘13

I-CC Chairs

*******************************

ABOUT I-CC:

* Founded in 2004, I-CC facilitates effective communication among diverse campus communities.

* The I-CC is made up of selected students who serve as liaisons to the following communities:

International, Black/African American, Latina/o, Pan Asian, Native American, LGBTQ, Multi-faith, Greek letter, Accessibility, Environmental justice, Socioeconomic Class, Women, Men, and ATHLETES (New)

* The I-CC provides a space for communities to identify and share ideas, goals, needs & concerns.

* The I-CC advocates for the interests of traditionally under-represented groups at Dartmouth to the administration, the alumni and other outside groups in order to help ensure that the Dartmouth community remains a healthy, nurturing environment for all students. In recent terms, we met with administrators including Chief of Staff David Spalding, Provost Carol Folt, Dean of Faculty Mike Mastanduno, Dean Inge-Lise Ameer, President Jim Kim, Dartmouth’s Board of Trustees, and Dean of the College Charlotte Johnson to discuss issues relating to the diverse Dartmouth community.

LIAISON RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Attendance at weekly meetings on Sundays at 7 pm, as well the possibility of smaller group meetings throughout the week

* Attendance at our short planning retreat on SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 in the early afternoon (exact time TBA)

* Act as a liaison for your selected community (attend meetings and relevant events of said community); basic knowledge of issues related your selected community

* Assist in furthering the agreed upon goals of I-CC. This includes but is not limited to organizing events, programs, and policy reviews that help increase understanding among I-CC communities.

* Strong communication, organization, and creative problem-solving skills; ability to demonstrate ethical leadership

If you have further questions you may also contact Nora Yasumura in the Office of Pluralism & Leadership (OPAL), 211 Collis Center.