Perhaps you’ve played the trumpet for 12 years but haven’t been able to find anywhere cool enough to deserve your talent. Perhaps you played the clarinet in high school but haven’t had time in college to commit to one of the many time-consuming instrumental ensembles. Maybe you’ve always wanted to pick up a drum stick and hit something but no one ever trusted you with them. Maybe you just have a surplus of free time and need to find somewhere to release all of your energy! Well, my friend, now is the time to stop dreaming and come on down to Hartman Rehearsal Hall to join the pep band!!!

Here are a few reasons to join the pep band:

1)      Pep band only meets for an hour each week. An hour of awesomeness- and then you’re free to go about your lives as they were.

2)      Remember those really cool people you saw at football games last term “marching” around the football field at half time? Didn’t you ever want to go down there and join them? Well- now’s your chance! All the same people- without the full Saturday commitment or the 4 hours of rehearsal a week.

3)      Remember those really weird people you saw at football games last term “marching” around the football field? I mean, who wants to march? Not only is the pep band a much smaller commitment- it doesn’t march!

4)      Pep band has no audition process- anyone can join, whether you’ve been playing your whole life or have just started. Don’t have an instrument? We’ll let you borrow one!

5)      Pep band gets into hockey and basketball games for free!

6)      We’re more than just a band- we’re a community, who do things together, from barbecues to potlucks to bowling to winter campouts to IM hockey!

7)      Too late to go to class, too early to party- what else are you going to do on Wednesdays from 4:30- 5:30? We’ll fill that empty hole in your life with music, friends, and fun!

So meet us in Hartman Rehearsal Hall in the basement of the Hop at 4:30 on a Wednesday and see what we’re talking about! It’s never too late to join the band!