Come to 53 Commons on Tuesday, November 15th for a dinner specially
prepared by visiting chef Barton Seaver and DDS chefs!!

ON THE MENU:
At Ma Thayer's
	Lunch: Pulled pork (local meat); Squid & Poblanos (Barton Seaver
recipe)
	Dinner: Roasted tilapia, Clove braised fennel, Pecan quinoa (Barton
Seaver recipes)
At Herbivore
	Dinner: Maple roasted Pot, Cauliflower Puree, Cider Glazed Parsnips
(Barton Seaver recipes)
At World View
	Lunch and Dinner: Barramundi Salad (Barton Seaver recipe)

Grab your meal and join Barton Seaver himself upstairs in '53 for a
dinner discussion about sustainability, food, and food justice!!
6:30 PM, Tuesday November 15th
Upstairs, 53 Commons

DDS has invited chef, author, and National Geographic Fellow, Barton
Seaver, to Dartmouth to work with their managers, chefs and staff on
how to utilize and prepare sustainable seafood on a college campus.
Mr. Seaver will be on campus the entire week and will be lecturing on
"Sustainability and Seafood" at 4:30 pm on Wednesday in Kemeny 008
(Sponsored by the Environmental Studies Department; see description
below)

Sustainability and Seafood
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
4:30 - 6:30 pm
008 Kemeny Hall

With Barton Seaver -  National Geographic Fellow, Chef, and Author of
*For Cod and Country
The compelling narrative of conservation is a story of responsible
consumption. Barton Seaver uses the common lens of dinner to translate
some of the big issues affecting our oceans into everyday cultural
concerns such as health, jobs and community. He explains how a
sustainable approach to seafood goes beyond red lists and green lists.
It's not just about what products we use, but just as importantly, how
we use them. Beyond that, we have an opportunity as consumers to
participate in the restoration of damaged ecosystems and depleted
fisheries by supporting the work of fishermen and organizations
working to improve the state of the marine environment. Seaver's
thought-provoking and inspiring stories teach us about innovative ways
everyone can glean more economic and social value out of theproducts
we use every day. His mission is to help us restore our relationships
with the natural world and, in doing so, achieve our common goals for
well-being, prosperity, and sustainability.