LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:49:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5406 Star Ofice 5.1
>Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:41:40 -0400

------------------
I haven't played with the multi-lingual component but I have used the Star
Office 5.1 in English.  I quite like it and am considering putting it in our
lab since it accepts Word 97 and won't have the virus problems.  In addition
to that the price is right (FREE!!)

Its a big download (about 60 mb) so you need to have a decent connection.

Pat

Patrick Davis, General Manager
Study Abroad Canada, Charlottetown Prince Edward Island
Programs include: ESL, High School Program, TESL Certificate, MA TESL/TEFL
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>    http://www.eccl.ca
A proud member of the Canada Wide English Network
http://www.canadawide-english.com