LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:15:49 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Pat Murphy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 06:24:43 -0600
>From: "Pat Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5392 Language Lab Software

------------------
Our computer lab uses The Rosetta Stone.  It is a workhorse of a program.  I consider it quite good at basic vocabulary building, discrete listening, and at reinforcing  basic English structure.  It has a writing function in which the student must listen to and then type a word, phrase or sentence, depending on which exercise the student is using.  I find this chanllenging and very useful for lower level students.  Information on The Rosetta Stone (TRS) can be found on the internet by searching for the name.  If you are not successful at finding it, contact me after January 13 (we're on break now and I am not at my office) and I will give you specific contact information.

Good Luck,
Patricia Murphy
English Language & Orientation Program
LSU
Baton Rouge, LA

<<< LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> 12/ 8  4:27p >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Stephen A. Templin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:17:51 +0900
>From: "Stephen A. Templin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Language Lab Software

------------------
For our university$B!G(Bs new language lab I$B!G(Bm searching for ideas for PC
software (English): reading, listening, pronunciation, grammar, etc. Our
university students are at the beginning to intermediate levels. Any
information about what works and what doesn$B!G(Bt would be extremely
helpful (along with contact info for what works). Thanks.
Steve

Stephen A. Templin
Meio University
1220-1 Biimata