LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:15:47 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:56:48 -0500
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5383 Courses in Technology in Foreign Language Teaching

------------------
You can see some details about my courses from my web page at
http://www.sunysb.edu/llrc/llrc2.html.  I would be happy to share
syllabi as well.  You can also see a link which may be down to
the Minnesota course and a TA course at Washington Univ. of
St. Louis.  I am adding a link to the Furman courses soon.  One
other link I have is to a course at SUNY Cortland.  One other
on-line resource is the teachtech listserv which deals with tech.
and FL teacher education.  I moderate that list which is currently
rather dormant.  Still, this can be of help, too, I hope.

In my own courses I do an intro. to media for FL teachers which
has both grad. and undergrad. students.  It uses my book,
A Student's Guide to Using Technology for Effective Language
Learning, the Bush/Terry ACTFL volume, the old Smith volume,
and the Heinle Muysken's volume as well as readings from a
bibliography.  I do lots of practical hands-on work in the course
and discuss lots of practical tips and tricks for teaching and
learning with tech.  My second course is called, "Technology
and Education" and is more theoretical.  It uses cognitive psych
and tech. policy books.  We discuss policy as well as learning
theory in it and relate tech. to both.  I also have a practicum
and an intern/externship in Language Center Directorship.

Hope this helps you (and others).

Best, Mike