LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:37:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Otmar K. E. Foelsche ---

>Date: 01 Dec 1999 15:56:44 EST
>From: Otmar K. E. Foelsche
>Subject: Advertisement: Free PICS videodiscs
>To: LLTI-Editor

--- Forwarded Message from Sue Otto <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:22:05 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Sue Otto <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Advertisement: Free PICS videodiscs
>Sender: [log in to unmask]

As many of you know, PICS has phased out retail sales of tapes and discs.  We will continue to exist as an R&D shop, maintaining our contracts with foreign sources to engage in special projects funded by publishers and grants.  Through our recent fire-sale, we liquidated most of our videotape inventory, but we still have a large number of videodiscs left on the shelves.  Therefore, we are now offering videodiscs to interested institutions in the U.S. and Canada for the cost of shipping plus a small handling fee.  (A whole box of videodiscs, plus whatever relevant print materials might be left, will cost about $35-though costs will vary depending on quantity and distance.)  Check out the videodisc page of the PICS Website to find descriptions of the discs:  http://www.uiowa.edu/~pics/PICS-Videodiscs.html.  A few of the videodisc titles listed on the site are now out of stock, so I have listed currently available titles below.  Listening Tool software is no longer available.  Quantities of some discs are very limited.

Discs or their contents may not be resold, digitized or used for purposes other than instruction without permission from PICS.

Contact Becky Bohde at [log in to unmask] to request discs and arrange for payment (by check for U.S. dollars only-no credit cards or POs, please).

French titles:
        Les âges de la vie (2-disc set)
        Autour de Paris
        D'après Maria
        Eight Easy Pieces
        L'histoire immédiate
        La nuit du doute
        Sketches comiques
        Télématin
        Vi-conte
        Vidéo vérité

German titles:
        Blickkontakte
        Derrick: Die Dame aus Amsterdam
        Eight Easy Pieces
        Forsthaus Falkenau Pilotfilm (2-disc set)
        Frau und Beruf: Atypisches und Typisches
        Hallo bei logo, discs 1, 2, 3 and 4
        Ich wollte immer blond sein auf der Haut
        Das Inserat: Vom Wettlauf um die Wohnung
        MiniZiB I
        PICS-Platte I &II
        Rund um den Brocken
        Solche Männer braucht das Land!
        Sport-ABC: Skispringen
        Teleskop: Landeskunde im ZDF
        Teleskop Plus: Noch mehr Landeskunde im ZDF
        Unser Lehrer Doktor Specht (13-disc sets available)

Spanish titles:
        Desde España: Bueno, Bonito y Barato
        Hilacha
        Retratos de supervivencia
        Segunda enseñanza:  La religión y el hombre
        Segunda enseñanza:  Los pueblos del caballo
        Telerrevista

Thanks to all of you who have supported PICS in the past!

 Dr. Sue K. Otto, Director
Language Media Center and PICS
120 Phillips Hall
University of Iowa