LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:37:01 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Earp, Samantha" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Earp, Samantha" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'LLTI-Editor '" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5350.2 JLK and MS Word  (!)
>Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:46:47 -0500

Another follow-up "word", to help some of you explain why this is so
frustrating for many of us.  I have been bombarded with messages to the
effect of "Get WordPerfect", or "you wouldn't be having this problem if you
used X program". It stops being funny after a while, and sadly, doesn't help
those of us who are in IT environments where it is just not possible to use
other word processing programs, due to budgetary reasons, campus computing
policy, etc.  say what you want about Microsoft, but more and more campuses
are using its Office Suite exclusively, and thus many of us have no choice
but to use it.  In this context, it would be nice if it was easier to get
help out of them (or if they would even have web-based technical info as
extensive as that found with some other companies, both Mac & PC-oriented).

Samantha

--------
Samantha Earp
UNC-Charlotte