LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:21:55 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Nina Garrett <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 14:48:57 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Nina Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: job ad

I'm posting this to LLTI in response to a request from the dean at Fitchburg
State;  please do not  respond to the list or to me but to the address
given in
the ad.   If you know of people who might be interested, please forward it to
them.

        Best,
                Nina

Assistant Professor, Spanish and Foreign Language Instructional Technology.
Department of Humanities.  Tenure track.  Required:  Ph.D. in Spanish and
expertise in foreign language instructional software, interactive web-based
materials, and pedagogical applications for technology.  Responsibilities:
teach basic, intermediate, and advanced level Spanish courses for non-majors;
develop pedagogical applications of computer and multi-media technology for
the
instruction of foreign languages; train and assist faculty in use of
technology; long-range planning for integrating and developing language
technology resources.  Preferred:  experience running a language technology
center; prior college teaching experience; interest in bilingual education.
Faculty responsibilities include teaching 12 credit hours/semester, academic
advising, committee assignments; faculty belong to a collective bargaining
unit.  Candidates may contact Dr. Jane Fiske, Department Chair, at
978-665-3276.  To apply, send cover letter, resume, brief statement of
teaching
philosophy, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three
professional references to:  Human Resources Department, Fitchburg State
College, 160 Pearl Street, Fitchburg 01420.  An Equal Opportunity, Affirmative
Action Employer.  Visit our website at: http/www.fsc.edu.

Nina Garrett
Director of Language Study
Yale University
P.O. Box 208349
New Haven, CT 06520-8349

Tel.  (203) 432-8196
Fax. (203) 432-4485
http://www.yale.edu/cls/

Campus address: Room 308, 1 Hillhouse Avenue