LLTI Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:21:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Sue Breeyear" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Sue Breeyear" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:43:14 -0400EDT
>Subject: Help!  Info needed

Greetings,
I'm scheduled to do a presentation Thursday to a University
committee which will decide the future of the Language Resource
Center here at the University of Vermont, and need some hard
facts and numbers to back up my argument.  Our LRC is currently
located in the music building, about a mile from main campus and
the language departments, and I'm trying to get us moved into the
University library area, which is directly in the center of campus
and would make so much more sense than where we currently are.

Have any of you been in similar situations, where you're located so
far away from the hub of activity that students complain all the time
about coming to your facility?  I feel that if we were on the main
campus both our student and faculty use would increase
dramatically--has this happened for any of you?  Any statistics I
can borrow??

Please email me directly at [log in to unmask]  Thanks
for any help--and speed!--you can give me!

Sue

Susan Breeyear, Language Resource Center Coordinator
200 Southwick Building
University of Vermont
Burlington, Vermont 05405

VOICE:802-656-7856