LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:19:45 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Bush <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:29:53 -0700
>From: Michael Bush <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5 (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Samantha Earp wrote regarding problems with Word '98 and the Apple Japanese
Kit running under Mac OS 8.1 with an Apple LaserWriter printer:
> The only possible lead I have at this point is that there may be a
conflict
> between the JLK extensions and certain LaserWriter printer extensions.

Kathy Marshall Pederson responded:
> At Wheaton College we've been experiencing the same problem.  We get no
help
> from microsoft (so what else is new?).

I do not mean this to be snippy, but I sit here wondering what help
Microsoft might be expected to give if the problem appears to lie between
the JLK extensions and the printer driver as Samantha describes.  I realize
that this is "Bash Microsoft Year," what with everyone and their brother
joining in the fun of class action suits on the heels of Judge Jackson's
"finding of fact," but I wonder if Apple might not also share a bit of the
blame for this problem?

Cheers,

Mike
Michael Bush