LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:19:53 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:12:21 -0800
>From: "Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum                          <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5361 HELP! Lab decentralization and digitization.

------------------
I recently participated in a demo of the Can 8 lab.  This lab allows easy
digitization and remote access.  The lab is also reasonably priced (about $1000
cdn) for each station.  You can install Can 8 client software on any computer
anywhere in the world and access the server for digital media.  I am hoping to
convince UBC to purchase Can 8 in the spring so we will be having a demo here on
campus soon.  We currently have two Tandberg labs and I am starting to create
digital material for this lab but it is very time consuming.

--
Scott Smith
English Language Institute